Thursday, March 14, 2013

Where do the ideas for a story come from?

Hello readers.  Now that A Life Worth Living is off to the publishers I am focusing on the next story.  This one is a completely different one than A Life Worth Living.

I have heard a lot of people ask where do the ideas for a story come from.  I would like to hear your thoughts on this subject so please join in.

For me the thoughts come literally from everywhere and everything.  By that I mean that I never know what is going to inspire a random thought to become a plausible story line.  Sometimes it is revealed in a series of events that spin off of the initial "what if".   Other times it comes from looking at something and wondering how it happened to be what it is.  At other times it is more I wonder what would have happened "if". 

More than anything I think it comes down to asking questions.  It is the why, the what if, the I wonder. . . that leads to a story line.  Then of course the characters themselves start to reveal themselves and the story takes off on its own.  Where it ends up is as much a revelation for me as it is for the reader.  I just get to see it first.

Well those are my quick thoughts on where the ideas for a story come from.  Please share yours.


1 comment:

  1. Please add your comments to this post. Any ideas for improving upon either the content or format is greatly appreciated.

    I will keep everyone updated as the journey continues.

    T L Scott

    ReplyDelete